Sunday, April 14, 2019

14th April 2019 - Cuckmere Haven

A mad dash over to the Cuckmere Haven to look for the Kentish Plover, found by Nick Pope mid-morning on the west side. I parked at Chyngton Farm as I thought the pub car park would be packed given it was a Sunday and the middle of the day. As I got out the car, I bumped into Matt who informed me it was still there much to my relief. I walked down the track quickly and set up my scope at the bottom of the path. I picked out the Kentish however it was distant and there was heat haze to contend with. I walked round to the river bank to try and obtain better views however this failed as the wind was very strong and was moving my scope and again there was heat haze to contend with. Feeling fed up, I went back round to where I started from and managed better views of the Kentish and luckily the heat haze had got better and the wind had dropped off. The Kentish was associating with 4 Ringed Plover and 2 Dunlin, whilst also present was a single Grey Plover. Sadly,  the Kentish was too far away for any photographs.

The Kentish Plover turned out to be my 250th bird in Sussex, a nice way to bring up 250!

No comments:

Post a Comment