Sunday, April 21, 2019

21st April 2019 - Pevensey Levels

Early morning,  2 Common Cranes were found on Down Level near Pevensey by Chris Ball. I jumped straight in the car as soon as the news was out and arrived in good time. I started walking along the footpath between White Dyke and Horse Eye Farm where I came across Chris and Al Redman still watching them much to my relief. They were fantastic to watch and these were my first in Sussex. 

2 Common Cranes, Down Level, Pevensey, East Sussex


A Great White Egret flew in picked up by Nick Pope which landed in a ditch near us giving nice views and the roadbeds were alive with singing Sedge Warblers and a few Reed Warblers. There was also a few Swallows moving through as well as Lapwings on territory out on the levels. On my way back to the car I added a Merlin which shot through overhead as well as a Red Kite, Buzzard, Kestrel and a Little Egret in a ditch. 

Great White Egret, Down Level, Pevensey, East Sussex

No comments:

Post a Comment