Thursday, June 11, 2020

11th June 2020 - Mile Oak and Beeding Hill

I went up to Mile Oak to look for the other Red-footed Falcon however there was no sign of it despite a thorough search. 

Feeling energetic, I walked from Mile Oak through to Beeding Hill to have another look at the Red-footed Falcon I had seen the previous day. I approached from Thundersbarrow Hill and whilst walking up the path was greeted by about 20 birders opposite me who were all watching the bird at close quarters. It was perched on a bush beside the path and showed very nicely for a prolonged period. It eventually had enough of sitting around and went for a quick fly around before settling in the sheep field and again showing very nicely. Also noted was a Red Kite


2cy male Red-footed Falcon, Beeding Hill, West Sussex


No comments:

Post a Comment