Sunday, July 26, 2020

26th July 2020 - Cuckmere Haven

This afternoon I visited the Cuckmere Haven in search of the Little Stint and Wood Sandpiper both of which were found yesterday, no doubt produced by the change in the weather. I headed for the scrape where I found a few Dunlin, a Redshank, a Common Sandpiper, a Turnstone and a Mediterranean Gull. It soon became apparent I wasn't looking in the right place and the birds were actually in the opposite channel which runs parallel to the river. After a short walk I found the Wood Sandpiper which was associating with a juvenile and two adult Dunlin. A little further north heading up the channel I found the Little Stint which showed nicely, my first in Sussex for a couple of years! On the way back towards Exceat three Swifts and three Sand Martins hawked there way south over the river and a Common Gull was on the meanders. I checked just north of Exceat Bridge for Cattle Egrets alas I didn't find any but there was four Little Egrets and three Grey Herons and a Sparrowhawk passed overhead. Upon arriving back at the car a couple of juvenile Kestrels were making a racket at Chyngton Farm. 

Little Stint, Cuckmere Haven

Wood Sandpiper, Cuckmere Haven

Wood Sandpiper, Cuckmere Haven

Juvenile Kestrels, Chyngton Farm, Seaford







No comments:

Post a Comment