Sunday, October 11, 2020

11th October 2020 - Seaford Head

I was at the top of Cissbury Ring looking for Ring Ouzels failing miserably with just four Mistle Thrushes seen. The phone goes, it's Dad: 'Radde's Warbler at Seaford Head, found by Jon Curson'. The morning at Cissbury was quickly aborted and I got to Seaford within the hour. I approached the radio-mast to find Jon and a few others although the bird had gone to ground and hadn't been seen for a while. More birders were starting to arrive and after a short period Chris Ball refound it a short distance from where Jon last saw it. It initially gave brief views but could be heard calling. I stayed a few hours and eventually managed excellent views of this attractive warbler. A world tick for me! 

Radde's Warbler, Seaford Head, East Sussex

Other birds seen throughout the morning included a couple of Ravens, a few Bramblings overhead and three Wheatears

No comments:

Post a Comment