Friday, October 23, 2020

23rd October 2020 - St Mary's Bay and Dungeness

I was surveying on Romney Marsh in the morning where the pick of the birds was a Peregrine. After my survey I headed over to Dungeness where I had excellent views of the two long staying Glossy Ibises on Cook's Pool. Also here was two Cattle Egrets, a Great White Egret and a Marsh Harrier.

Glossy Ibises, Dungeness, Kent

I decided to go and have a look at the gulls along the road to the lighthouse until there was news of a Shore Lark on the golf course at Littlestone. I arrived after 10-15 minutes and had excellent views of this scarce visitor to Kent. I watched for bird for around 10 minutes before it flew off after being flushed by dog walkers. Despite a bit of searching I couldn't find the long staying Red-backed Shrike, it was seen again later in the day by Owen Leyshon.

Shore Lark, Littlestone Golf Course, Kent


On my way home I called into Pett Level where I found two White-fronted Geese on the pools with the blue morph Snow Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment