Tuesday, December 8, 2020

8th December 2020 - Dungeness, Scotney and Pett Level

After working on nearby Romney Marsh, I headed to Dungeness after work. I headed to Dennis's Hide first where I found a Great White Egret and a female Goldeneye. I headed back towards Boulderwall Farm and headed along the public footpath towards New Diggings. Instantly, I found the Black-throated Diver and had some really nice views. Next stop was Scotney Gravel Pits, where the Scaup was performing nicely just off the S bends on the Sussex side of the pit. I then headed off to Pett Level where I found a Tundra Bean Goose nestled amongst some Greylag Geese. Other birds of note included an excellent count of 92 Russian White-fronted Geese and a Marsh Harrier.

Black-throated Diver, Dungeness RSPB, Kent

Tundra Bean Goose, Pett Level, East Sussex


No comments:

Post a Comment