Monday, May 3, 2021

3rd May 2021 - Rochford, Essex

Dad and I ventured into Essex mid-morning for the adult male Woodchat Shrike. Unsurprisingly, the site was busy with other birders but upon arrival the bird was sat out on a bramble bush adjacent to the horse paddock showing really well. This has been a bird, I was very keen on seeing in the UK for a long time so to twitch this bird was a no brainer. On the way home, we stopped at another site in Essex where we had reasonable views of Grasshopper Warbler although the ever increasing windspeed did not help our cause. When I got home the windspeed was near gale force so I headed down to Goring Gap. I was very happy when a Manx Shearwater flew east at 15:58, an excellent end to a very good day. 

Woodchat Shrike, Rochford, Essex


No comments:

Post a Comment