Monday, April 8, 2019

8th April 2019 - Goring Gap and Iford Brooks

I visited Goring Gap in the morning and worked the fields, it was seemingly quiet apart from 4 Swallows which passed through north as well as 12 Blackcaps, 12 Greenfinches and 6 Chiffchaffs scattered around the bushes. The fields held the usual Skylarks as well as 2 Stock Doves and 3 Mallard flew over west as well as a Sparrowhawk which passed over to the North.

Later in the day, I headed over to Iford to go on a circular walk to Kingston and then out onto the Brooks. Totals from my circular walk included 7 Chiffchaffs, a Sparrowhawk, a Kestrel, 8 Yellowhammers, 2 Buzzards, a pair of Linnets and 2 Egyptian Geese.

I called in at Mum and Dads on my way home and was surprised to see a Little Egret (garden tick) pass over the house west.

No comments:

Post a Comment