Tuesday, April 9, 2019

9th April 2019 - Goring Gap, Ferring Rife and Cissbury Ring

I started the day at Goring Gap where it was extremely quiet, a noticeable clear out of the few migrants that lingered the day before. Birds of note from my visit included 2 Chiffchaffs, 2 Linnet, 4 Stock Dove, 4 Greenfinch, 2 Green Woodpeckers and a Jay

Feeling fed up at the lack of birds at Goring Gap, I tried Ferring Rife around the corner which again was quiet but still managed to out do Goring Gap. Around the bushes on the rife were 3 Chiffchaffs, a Blackcap, a Willow Warbler and 2 Green Woodpeckers. A Swallow also passed through north. 

Around midday, I ventured up to Cissbury Ring, a place I haven't been to for a long time. Sadly, rain cut my visit short here but birds of note included a single House Martin north, a Yellowhammer, a Nuthatch, a Song Thrush and a Kestrel. I also found a female Slow Worm out on a footpath, my second this year. 

Female Slow Worm, Cissbury Ring, West Sussex

No comments:

Post a Comment