Saturday, February 15, 2020

15th February 2020 - Staying local

A short trip out on the morning of Storm Dennis remained dry although was pretty windy with the worst of the weather arriving late afternoon/over the night.

My first point of call was the No Man's Land area where I found a Common Buzzard, two Yellowhammer, c20 Skylark, a Corn Bunting, seven Pied Wagtail, a Meadow Pipit, a Red-legged Partridge, three Blackbird and 528 Starling. My next stop was Upper Beeding Flood Relief not a site I have ever visited before and on the small pools of water here I found seven Mallard, three Canada Geese, a Greylag Goose and a Grey Heron. A Raven passed overhead and there was a male Kestrel sat on a nearby telegraph wire. 

I headed down to the coast and had a look at Widewater Lagoon where I found three Red-breasted Merganser (2 drakes and a female), two Mallard, two Little Grebe and four adult Herring Gull. Afterwards I drove down to the Harbour Club and had a look on the exposed sand at low tide and the only gulls of note I found here were two adult Lesser Black-backed Gull. Last stop of the morning was Brooklands where I found seven Mute Swan, four Coot, six Moorhen, eight Teal, five Mallard, two Cormorant, a Grey Heron and a Stock Dove flew overhead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment