Thursday, July 9, 2020

9th July 2020 - Church Norton, West Sussex

After the highs of yesterday morning it was back to normal procedure this afternoon. News broke of a Roseate Tern at Pagham Harbour mid-afternoon so I jumped straight in the car and headed down for it. I was particularly keen as it was in Sussex and would be a county tick!

I arrived at Pagham within 45 minutes after the news had gone out however despite a very careful scan of the harbour there was no sign of it, in the hour and a half I spent looking. There was plenty of Sandwich including many juveniles, Common and I counted 12 Little Terns although there was probably more hiding away. Also plenty of Mediterranean Gulls kicking around. The tide was very high and the harbour was pretty much full so there was little else to see. A frustrating afternoon and my second dip of this species at this site in consecutive years!

No comments:

Post a Comment